Navigation Menu

My 1st Album Demo Preview (*warning-very angry post)

*Chang *chang *chang and I'm Back!

Yesterday, me and chenseng went to our Bridal House to view the 1st draft of layout of our album (after photo choosing).

THAT'S IT! ST*PID BS!! You all REALLY LIGHT UP MY FIRE!!! Of all wedding memories, I hav the worst and biggest 'TORN' growing in my brain from now on!

28 Aug 2008

After work, I rush out of office coz need to meetup with JM for my 1st DEMO. There was jam outside coz of the roadblock for Merdeka rehersal BUT still I try my best to catch in time to get to JM for my 1st DEMO view. I was full of excitment and some expactations coz me n chenseng print out so many layouts and colour adjustments picture sample tht we prefer...and even regcommanded so many nice foreign websites for them as references. *Hoping they'll appreciate the hardwork we've done and save their time to think "Wht does this customer like ar?" "Wht can i do something with these pictures?" As per conversation we had with the JM designer, he said that he like to EXPLORE NEW stuff and like to try DIFFERENT kinda colour adjustment...so we though what we did here can REALLY help him to understand more bout us....BUT things were not even 10% of my expectation~! *feel like wanna cry again

After I fetch chenseng from LRT, we went JM terus with both empthy stomach. Reach JM, after some girl direct me to sit, nobody layan us...me n chenseng just sit thr...watching their stuff busy here busy thr... I cannot tahan de...so walk upstrairs and look for my SA Ah YEE. I didn't complain to her straight away why am waiting so long (coz I knw I just came, dun wanna sound so fierce, give face abit) So, I cari alasan looking for toilet. Konon-nya, she's serving some new couple for gown fitting, OLD customer like me come de no need serve lar!? Then Jocylen came with a few sheets of A4 print-outs. Chenseng get to see first while i'm in the toilet.

When I came out from the loo, NOBODY was sitting or serving chenseng - he is ALONE thr! So, I rush over and take my first look of those layouts.

OH-MY-GOSH! What is these?

Me n chenseng look at each other, shaked our heads and dropped our head. We strat to discuss abit. Still NOBODY come the serve us!!! What kinda presentation is this!?! *ANGRY

FINE!! We Do-It-Ourselve.
First thing I saw was: why is our skintone so pale? where is the BASIC touch-up (that infact, I've already circle them out on the polaroid!) I did told the designer, I want SOME of the pictures to enhance abit on the cyan BUT the whole picture also tone-up cyan untill it affect our skintone!?!?...The comparison is very far from the examples I print for them! Lazy work? or cannot achieve the standard? Some of the pictures looked wash-out!! They blame the printer and paper...COME-ON! Presentation like this to show client, you expect client will accept it blindly and say "OK-go ahead and print!"!?! The work is OVERALL NOT READY at all for presentation!
The layout looks like 5 minnute work!! Why? Pictures were just plonk in LIKE WHAT IT IS! No proper cropping, no creativity, no design! Got design also got error: What's with those unresolve WHITE SPACE FOR?!? I ask them, they told me:" You choose 3 pictures for this story only mar.(*one story meaning a double spread)." HELLO!?! If this is your excuse, what do you expect us client to do?! Solve the problem for you or teach you how to design?! Please bare in mind, we did so many 'homework' for them and this is their excuses.
SO! We did 'TEACH' them how to design. I have to SKETCH OUT ALMOST ALL THE NEW LAYOUT FOR THEM!! I hav to ask them for new sheets of A4 paper, I hav to use my own pen to trace back the measurement of the pages, I hav to sketch out the placing of the pictures, I hav to indicate the changes for them, I hav to think whether this picture got space to crop or not, I hav to think this picture can blow-up or not......!!! WHAT THE H*LL am I thinking and sketching like mad lady like that!?!? Now thinking about that night, I'm already ANGRY TO THE MAX!!
I pay MORE THEN RM4,000 and I hav to 'be creative' and think the design that I prefer, so you guys can just walk-away with EASY MONEY?! I tell you wht you BS, I did ALL THE HARDWORK on my1st demo view that nite itself, you may think i'm very demanding and being difficult BUT we already SAVE YOUR TIME AND YOUR BRAIN JUICE!! I can be MORE difficult by just saying:"I dun like, please change." Then, what I assume is you guys wll just cinchai layan us and give us 2nd admenmends, 3rd, 4th, 5th untill we get tired of it and go-on with the EFFORTLESS work you provide. This is plain cheating and bad service.
After all the sketching and explaining on the album layout design, now come the large potrait. We choosed 3 of our 'Guah' pictures for the potrait. Is a horizontal landscape size where the 3 pictures were like PAK! PAK! PAK! THERE! 2 horizontal pictures continue with a vertical picture in a row in the middle of the frame!! WHAT THE H*LL IS THAT!?
ok...design wise nevermind we will think bout it BUT WHAT THE ATTITUDE!? The SA, the photographers, the designers came to our face and say:" Wah, u both sure wanna us 'Guah' pictures to blow-up bigbig as your potrait ar? Wah, u both REALLY break JM record ler! Nobody use 'guah' pictures for big potrait before ler! 1st time, JM got client use 'Guah' potrait ler..HAHAHAHA!" THEY TEASE AND LAUGH at me and chenseng!! Is these the way you talk or advice client?!? Did you even let us explain why or try to understand us as your client?!! Tease client with these kinda attitude! SERIOUSLY, you guys gone too far! Now, while I'm thinking about it, I feel like cursing all of you.
Bridal house is suppose to be a happy place that CREATE WONDERFUL MEMORIES to newly wed couples. Their responsibility is to provide good service and achievable results for client. BUT what JustMarried BS can give is ONLY 50% (or less!) effort they can provide. NO TIME is not an excuse! And is not client's problem!! That means your management hav to do something in order to keep up the quality and quantity of the business!!
I think I hav enough said, so to the couple and brides-to-be out there: PLEASE DO Ala Carte for pre-wedding album! Those bridal house do not much good to you. Out there, there are MANY Good photographers, Good Stylist, Good Makeup Artist, Good locations, Great wedding gown boutiques, Good designers to help you to do a SUPERB wedding album. If you calculate the price of these, is almost the same price (or EVEN CHEAPER) then throwing to those un-flexible, non-creative (that only stick to their lousy template designs) and money-face bridal house! Please think twice...dun fall into the trap...NO MORE!

0 comments: